The Chartered Institute of Arbitrators of Australia, East Asia and Singapore is conducting the inaugural Asia Pacific Diploma Course In International Arbitration in Singapore from 20 - 28 August 2016.
This is a joint effort aimed at meeting the increasing demands for accredited arbitrators and arbitration practitioners to resolve cross border disputes in the Asia Pacific.
It is a pre-eminent tertiary international course offering a prestigious globally recognised qualification, supported by international arbitral bodies.
During an intensive nine-day program, students will be taught the practice of international commercial arbitration, covering major forms of arbitration and arbitration institutions such as ICC, SIAC and CIETAC, and will gain the ability to appear in or act as an arbitrator or counsel in different contexts.
In addition, during the week-day afternoon sessions, students will take part in practical group workshops under the guidance of experienced arbitrators. Students will also be given practical training in the conduct of an international arbitration and will discuss a range of problems which may arise in the course of conducting an international arbitration.
Lectures and tutorials will be conducted by international arbitration experts from across the Asia Pacific and around the world.
- Practising lawyers and other professionals who are familiar with legal reasoning and concepts and are involved in arbitration (domestic or international) and who wish to increase their knowledge and understanding of international commercial arbitration.
- Members or Fellows of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators who have experience of domestic arbitration practice and wish to extend their knowledge to include international arbitration procedures.
- What is International Commercial Arbitration?
- What Laws, Legal Norms And Legal Systems Apply in International Commercial Arbitration
- The History and Development of the Framework of the New York Convention, the UNCITRAL Model Law and the Laws Governing International Arbitration in Australia and Asia
- The Arbitration Agreement: Formation Validity Activation and Scope. How to Draft an Appropriate Arbitration Agreement
- Stays of Court Proceedings and Anti-suit Injunctions; The Appointment of the Arbitrator; The Arbitrator's Independence; and Impartiality Confidentiality in Arbitration Interim Measures
- The Preliminary Conference and Hearing
- The Award: Interest and Costs, and Award Writing
- Setting Aside, Recognition and Enforcement of Arbitral Awards
- Investment Treaty Arbitration
- ICC, CIETAC and other Arbitral Processes
- Maritime Arbitration
- Sports Arbitration
- Construction Arbitration
20 & 20 August 2016 (Saturday & Sunday)
Marina Bay Financial Centre
25th Floor, Tower 3 Marina Boulevard
22 – 26 August 2016 (Monday – Friday)
32 Maxwell Road
27 & 28 August 2016 (Saturday & Sunday)
9 Battery Road
#25-01 Straits Trading Building
Social Event Venues
A Welcome Cocktail Reception, Networking Midweek Cocktail Reception and Course Dinner for students, speakers and panellists will be hosted by leading law firms.
Welcome Cocktail Reception
Saturday, 20 August 2016
Graffiti Skybar, Carlton City Hotel
Networking Midweek Cocktail Party
Wednesday, 24 August 2016
1-Altitude, Level 62, 1 Raffles Place 048616
Friday, 26 August 2016
Raffles Hotel, Casuarina Suite, 1 Beach Road 189673
Cost: SGD2,400/USD1,750 for 9 nights inclusive of breakfast and hand held Smart phone with free IDD calls and mobile data usage in Singapore.