Jeremy is a partner in the Disputes and Investigations team at Allens, based in Perth. He specialises in complex commercial disputes and has extensive experience in commercial litigation, arbitration, expert determination and mediation.
Much of Jeremy's experience has concerned disputes in the energy and resources sector. He has represented clients in proceedings relating joint venture disputes, major project developments, asset acquisition, commodity pricing and engineering issues. Jeremy is dual qualified. In addition to his legal qualifications Jeremy has an honours degree in Engineering from the University of Western Australia.
A significant part of Jeremy's practice involves assisting clients with high value and strategic arbitrations, both domestic and international. He is co-head of the national Arbitration Practice Group at Allens. He regularly acts in arbitrations concerning domestic and regional matters. He is active in the arbitration community and frequently presents on arbitration issues in the region.
Some of Jeremy's relevant experience includes:
- Acting for the owners of a US $34billion LNG Project development in a high value ICC arbitration seated in Singapore;
- Acting for the owners of a US$1 billion chemical plant in a high value ICC arbitration seated in London;
- Acting for pipeline gas producers in relation to a number of ad-hoc gas pricing arbitrations arsing in the Australian domestic gas market;
- Acting for the owners of various gold mines in relation to large scale project development issues arising under long term mining services agreements;
- Acting for a number of Australian iron ore companies in relation to a wide range of project development disputes arising from projects in Western Australia;
- Acting for a Japanese oil and gas producer in relation to a significant dispute with a drilling rig contractor;
- Advising the purchaser of a South American mine in relation to post-acquisition issues arising from the sale agreement;
- Acting for a listed property trust in relation to issues arising from a CBD retail project development; and
- Acting in a number of significant royalty disputes arising from iron ore and uranium projects in Australia.
- Bachelor of Law, University of Western Australia
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons), University of Western Australia