Caroline has over 30 years' experience as a barrister, arbitrator and mediator. She has practised in Australia, New York and London. She was appointed Queen's Counsel in 2008.
Caroline practises in administrative, commercial and construction matters. She is an experienced advocate, mediator and arbitrator having been retained in complex matters for governments, government agencies and private sector clients throughout her career at the Bar. She is an experienced appellate advocate and has frequently appeared in the High Court of Australia. She is a nationally accredited mediator and a Chartered Arbitrator and Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators.
Caroline has appeared as counsel and arbitrator in ad hoc arbitrations and arbitrations conducted under the Rules of the ICC, LCIA, SIAC , UNCITRAL and KLRCA Rules. She has been appointed presiding arbitrator and/or sole arbitrator in international disputes involving multi-million dollar claims. Caroline is a a member of the Panel of Arbitrators of the Singapore International Arbitration Centre (SIAC); the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO); the Russian Arbitration Centre (RAC), the Singapore International Commercial Court (SICC); the Asian International Arbitration Centre (AIAC), the Pacific International Arbitration Centre (PIAC); the Beijing Arbitration Commission (BAC); the Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre (HKIAC), the International Centre for Dispute Resolution® (ICDR®), the international division of the American Arbitration Association; and the Australian Energy Regulator (AER). She is the President of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (Aust) Pty Ltd and is the Immediate Past Chair of the Education Committee. She is on the CIArb London Approved Faculty List and has taught in the Award Writing Course, the Accelerated Route to Fellowship Course and Diploma Course in Australia, Singapore, Hong Kong and Oxford.
- LLM/BA: University of Melbourne
- Certificate in Mediation: Bond University
- Diploma International Commercial Arbitration: CIArb (London)
- Queen's Counsel, Victoria
- Nationally Accredited Mediator
- Chartered Arbitrator and Fellow, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
Jurisdictions Admitted To Practice
- Supreme Court of Victoria (Barrister and Solicitor)
- High Court of Australia (Barrister and Solicitor)
- New York (Attorney and Counsellor-at-Law)
- Dubai (International Financial Courts)
- England and Wales (The Honourable Society of Lincoln’s Inn)
Current Boards and Committees
- President, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (Aust) Pty Ltd
- Committee Member For Victoria, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (Aust) Pty Ltd
- Executive Member, International Commercial Arbitration Committee of the Victorian Bar
- Executive Member, Australian Insurance Law Association
Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.